Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Update

My mom's deployment in Iraq is almost up. She should be back in the United States by the end of January and back at home by the end of February. I eagerly anticipate her return. She plans on getting her scuba certification so we can have maximum fun in the gulf over spring break. While there, she got to visit Baghdad (some pictures are below) and had a four day pass to Qatar (but wasn't able to see much due to "incidents").


I believe this is the desert sanctuary. Haha

The camel wranglers.


She got to ride a camel.


One of Saddam's palaces, I believe.


The bathrooms inside.


She's at the head of course!


On her way back to COB Basra!

It's weird to think that most likely she will be returning (possibly to Afghanistan) in the next few months. I have a lot of mixed feelings about it, but ultimately, it's her decision, and she is really excited about it. Please pray for my family and all those that are continuing to serve overseas.
This is my Christmas present from my mom. The flag was flown on the two year anniversary of my grandma's death.

1 comment:

  1. Ruth, I enjoy these photos. And, know of my prayers for your family and the troops serving overseas.

    ReplyDelete