Monday, January 18, 2010

Days of Graditude #11-17

I’ve had a lot to be thankful for this week. So, today I thank You God for…

Day #11
…men. One of the great joys in life is witnessing a man being a man. I saw at least one man doing just that tonight and it can only bring about more of the same. True men are a great thing indeed.

Day #12
…people who live honestly. There is something inspiring about a person who doesn’t attempt to cover themselves up with facades. We may hastily judge, but later when we see a weakness overcome it is that much more glorious! Truthful people testify to how things really are, in the bad but especially in the good.

Day #13
…God’s plan. Tonight I believe I caught another line of how God is using me. I don’t want to get ahead of myself, and if it comes to be true, then I’ll update about it. All I have to say, however, is follow EVERY ONE of God’s whispers. You truly will never know what He has in store for you.

Day #14
…sunsets. In Alabama. Do I have to say more?

Day #15
…random encounters that save your day. I ran into a friend who happened to mention that he was going to a meeting that I also was supposed to be at. I would have definitely missed it if it weren’t for him. That 10 second window saved my whole day, if not my whole week.

Day #16
…good company. Spending time with someone who is easy to be with beats even sleep. That was a hard thing to write for me, but it’s true. : )

Day #17
…never abandoning Your people. I admit Lord, I still don’t completely trust You. Even after all the signs and the kept promises, there is still something holding me back. There is still a part of me that questions. I thank You for still working on me. For letting me experience even more of Your perfect plan and mercy. You are changing me. I see now, that although the odds seem insurmountable and all hope is gone that You are God, and nothing stands in Your way. If we place our trust in You, no matter how imperfect, You cannot let us down. Thank you Lord for showing me that in the small tragedies of life, in the uncertain times, in the illnesses and deaths of loved ones, and in great disasters that You are there, working flawlessly to show Your love for us. You can only bring good.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're grateful for men. From what I've heard about CSO lately, the women have been doing some heavy bashing of men. Honestly, bashing men seems like a great way to remain perpetually single.

    Thank you Ruth, for being grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if CSO is doing more bashing of men than usual, but I have seen that the men there are taking their role as men more seriously lately. It's nice. And I've made an attempt to turn my "bashing" (which is much easier to do, I'll admit) into encouragement. Maybe I'll let the other women in on it so they don't remain "perpetually single"! HAHA!

    Thank you Ross for being a man! : )

    ReplyDelete