Sunday, January 10, 2010

Days of Graditude #10

In an effort to cut down on the number of "gratitude posts", I've decided to put each week's thanks into one post. I plan on doing this each Sunday, so the next one after this will be in a week.

Today I thank You God for giving me what I need. In the abstract, I could never see myself in the military, or leading anyone (especially men with strong personalities). Whenever I'm on break, or just thinking about the next ROTC event, I easily get this idea that I don't belong there. It brings me down a bit and makes me a little nervous every time I show up, but then I quickly realize that God gives me the skills I need to do it. I know this because I didn't have those skills 2 seconds before I was asked to answer a question or make a decision or perform a task. I'm always surprised by how well I can do what is required of me. I attribute this to God, and the fact that if this isn't where He wants me to be, I would have been asked to leave a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment