Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What can I say when words utterly fail?

How firmly do I believe in God? This week’s readings have been asking me that. This week’s world events have been challenging my answers. Even now, I question how much I should share here. This may be vague, but I must say it. Everyday I feel (and see) the battle for souls raging, and God Himself has told me to play a part in it. Maybe I’m overemphasizing, but every other time in my life that I’ve felt this way or been in a similar situation, something profound has happened. It was something that unmistakably God orchestrated from the start. I will be in awe of God for the rest of eternity.

How firmly do I believe in Him? More firmly than I believe I exist. More firmly than the love of my parents or the laws of physics and nature. My entire being is a witness to Him and that hardly does God justice. My issue of trusting God is being burned away, and I welcome it. Nothing I can say can hint at how I feel, or what I would do, or what I know. And that isn’t the important thing anyway. All God wants is everything I have. He can have it. It was never mine anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment