Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What the bucket?

I am frequently scandalized by the world. Trying to reconcile the great truths of Christianity and what I experience around me is exhausting.

For a few months now, I’ve been told to not collect box tops (which I have been doing for over a decade) because General Mills donates to Planned Parenthood. If this is true, I not only shouldn't collect box tops but also not buy their products. I did some research. It is extremely upsetting. Not only did I find evidence that GM does give money to Planned Parenthood in Minnesota, but I also found a list of many other companies that support PP. This list comes from the official PP website and it lists companies who will match your donation to them!!

What am I supposed to do?? Some of these names (cough *Bank of America* cough) really upset me. Other surprises are eBay, PepsiCo, Microsoft, Starbucks, the list goes on. Not only do I worry about what to do from now on, but also that I have, indirectly of course, but nonetheless, helped fund that disgusting organization. Seriously, how am I supposed to not care about this? Can’t I just live out a truly pro-life stance without somehow giving my money to killing and hurting people? I guess not when I interact with the world. I will not let this world control me. We need so many prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment