Monday, September 21, 2009

Reality

I’m realizing lately that I should stop being so dramatic. Yes, I have problems and troubles in my life, but they are no where near the struggles of others. I have been so blessed in my life it’s hard to remember that others are praying for their very lives. Just hearing my friends talk about their childhoods or reading about an acquaintance’s very hard time in their life right now, not only makes me thankful for what I have been given, but also embarrassed for the fact I thought I had it rough.

I never know how to respond. Do I try to give advice after I listen to what they have to say? What advice could I give? I can only relate through general feelings of loss, frustration, despair. For the most part, I’ve never had to confront what they are confronting. I think most times, advice isn't needed.

Father Michael, a priest from Uganda who has visited Auburn and who I’ve talked about before, sent an email to the parish recently. As some are aware, the situation in Uganda, especially recently, is tragic. Father Michael told us how he was caught in the middle of a raid and witnessed army men shooting anyone at the wrong place at the wrong time. Please pray for his safety. Please pray for the people there. Please pray that he and the others in the church stay strong and a beacon of hope for everyone in the country.

The line he closed his email with:
The little we can do for Him must be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment