Friday, June 19, 2009

I wanted to take some time before I left to share with you a recent realization I’ve had. I believe it was inspired by these interviews and also maybe because the last few days I’ve been researching LDS and also reading a little bit of The God Delusion (I know, it was a great decision on how to spend my time). But either way, I know more deeply now than ever before that I am doing what I should. Field training represents to me a promise made manifest. It has been such a long journey just reaching this point that to stop and reflect on it would take all day. Am I nervous? Not anymore. And that may be just because it seems like it’s taken forever to get here since summer started, but I’m not scared anymore either. If anything, I’m impatient. I want to get there and start this. Put everything to the test, see what God will do for me, and witness profound things. I guess I’m just a sentimental person, I really hope this will change my life and how I relate to God.

I remembered Father Michael’s song today. It’s the one he sings in almost every homily. It goes, “I have decided to follow Jesus. I have decided to follow Jesus. I have decided to follow Jesus. No turning back, no turning back.” If I ever stopped seeking Jesus, my life would fall apart. Not just in the sense that I would do different activities or hang out with different people or think about different things. I mean that my life would instantly become so confused, chaotic and desperate that I wouldn’t be able to live. This actually gives me great comfort. I can never go back. Nor would I want to. Before coming to college I never would have dreamed this is where I’ll be, physically, mentally or spiritually. God has dragged me here and I’m so thankful for it. He not only keeps His promises, He goes beyond them. I am utterly in love with God.

Ok, so that’s about all for now. Please pray for me and my mom. If you would like to write, my address is

Cadet Yusckat, Ruth B
Maxwell 3
501 Lemay Place N.
Maxwell AFB, AL 36112

Please don’t send anything after July 13th. I’ll be back July 18th, and I’ll be sure to tell you how it went!!

May the Lord be with you in every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment