Thursday, May 28, 2009

Why worry about anything???

Today and tonight was exactly what I needed. Driving back to my apartment, I got the feeling I get when I’m flying, and the world makes sense again. I watched Donnie Darko tonight, which is a really cool movie, if you can stand the language and crude jokes. But anyway, it got me thinking if real life could be like that. Could real life be so intertwined and connected and everything hinges on one thing or one thing hinges on everything. Then it hit me: real life is even better!!

I don’t know why it takes me so long to come back to the exact same conclusion I came to a few months ago, only to lose focus again, and then come right back again. But at least I come back.

Driving back I was looking at all the trees and thought about how God made them. Everything in this world and beyond the world God created. God has never and will never abandon His creation. He is with those trees and each and every leaf on them. But even more so, He is with me and with all of us. I realized tonight that God’s great plan for the world includes a great plan for me, as well as a great plan for everyone I’ve ever met. And even if we wanted to, we can’t mess it up. God has considered all things. God is so brilliant and it always shocks me when I realize this, which only tells me how hard-headed I am. Again and again He proves to me how much He is with me, keeping me exactly where He wants me and when. Things I may not have understood in the past have always come to light, as long as I keep going where He leads. And even now, the things I still question, like why it has taken me so long to get my pilot’s license or why I am too short to be an Air Force pilot, doesn’t bother me anymore because I know I will get my reasons later. God has never abandoned me. In fact, He has only shown Himself more and more to me. If there is only one thing in this world I could ever be sure of it is that God exists and knows EXACTLY what He is doing. The more I learn about God the more I see His master plan, and it is so beautiful that words would never be able to describe it. I’m so thankful to be a part of it, no matter how small. God is amazing and my life is His.

Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment