Friday, June 5, 2009

Mr. Sandman

I have a long and involved history with sleep. I love it, but I'm not always good to it, and I think it retaliates sometimes. I used to sleep walk, talk in my sleep (which I may still do), and I even had night terrors when I was little. I've also never really had a sleep schedule, which may be why naps call my name almost every day. But when I do sleep (which I can do practically anywhere and at any time), I am gone. Hardly anything can wake me before I'm ready. I even slept through a fire alarm once. Yes I do love sleep, but sometimes I'd rather not deal with it.

What do I mean? Well, I hardly ever dream. I kinda like it that way, because in my experience, dreams 4 times out of 5 are not pleasant. Once I have one bad dream (in the middle of a long stretch of no dreams)I seem to keep having horrible dreams almost every night for a few weeks. Just last night I had an awful dream and it seemed to last forever! I'll spare you the details but it had to do with an Easter egg hunt and sewing things onto my body. I'm beginning to think pain might set off my nightmares (I got two shots yesterday, and I can barely move my arms), which makes me even more uneasy because I'll be in a lot of pain soon.

Side note: Today's Mass was pretty amazing. Here is the entrance antiphon:
This holy man fought to the death for the law of his God, never cowed by the threats of the wicked; his house was built on solid rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment