Saturday, November 13, 2010

Uganda Novena Day 4

One thing I’ve struggled with in the past is trusting God. Although I can’t say I don’t struggle with it anymore, I’ve found myself wanting to, and more easily, trusting in Him.

Something that I’ve been thinking a lot about recently is how each person’s journey to God is radically different. We each have a different background, are interested in and attracted to different things, and fulfill a unique vocation. And it makes sense: each one of us is unique and will never be repeated for all of eternity. With each person’s uniqueness brings a unique faith and path to God. I’ve come to deeply appreciate what the Church holds inside her for each of us. The Church offers us the support for our unique journey. It provides resources for our individual needs and interests. It recognizes that each of us struggles differently and at the same time knows, in a profound way, that we are all striving for the same thing.

It is beautiful really. In a world with so many persons: persons of every walk of life from every corner and field, from every experience, each of them is led to Christ by the Church. The Church is truly universal, and that shows that the Church is truly God’s, for God made each of those persons, and to leave even one person out would be tragic and terrible.

I also cherish those times I “peek” into another person’s faith journey: to see how God is acting in their life, to see how their unique place in the world is exactly how God chooses to reveal Himself to them. It shows me that I am not alone in experiencing the Holy Spirit acting. I’m not alone in my experiences of divine “coincidences” that continue to give me strength, hope, and needed grace. I am not alone in this Church.

And our individual journeys' are not exclusive to themselves. We each weave in and out of each other’s paths. God uses us to brings other’s to Him, while doing the same for us.

This is why I trust God now more than I ever have before. I now know, because I’ve witnessed it in my own life and in others, that God really does take care of us. Each of us is unique, and so are our experiences of God, and so will be how God leads us to Himself. But no matter the means, He never has us do it alone. And so I can trust God, because He has made me the way I am and has led me to exactly where I am, so that my journey is perfectly suited for me to find Him. He has a plan for the rest of my days, both here on earth and in heaven. I don’t need to worry about the future or the present anymore; God really does know what He’s doing.

Please join me in this novena for the mission trip to Uganda.

Novena Prayer to the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear our prayer. As your children, we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, especially ...for the work, both spiritual and physical, that will take place, a safe and fruitful mission and Ugandans who are suffering in any way.

We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your gentle care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help all of us, Holy Mother, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever.
Amen.
Pray for us, St. Peter Claver

No comments:

Post a Comment